Friday, April 9, 2010

IQ Ratings of Over 140 - Genius or near genius

I love iq tests and i am usually proud of the results but not so proud as to shove it in other peoples faces (except my brother cos even though he has only an above average iq he is the more successful one and he needs reminding of how much more intelligent i am).

But iq tests are strange, i often wonder how accurate they actually are.
Since my first iq test back in school which gave me 130something I have had a lot of conflicting results.

The lowest being 120something and the highest being 157. I dont know which to believe, its things like this that frustrate me, OH PLEASE JUDGE ME, YOUR PRAISE IS MY SUSTENANCE!! 157 = genius? i dunno. I'm smart but I'm not a genius, genius is like rainman or john von neumann or rick james.


Today was the grand national and i bet for the first time since i was 10 or something, it was also the first time i watched a horse race since i was said age.
It was more of an unconscious decision; my dad said he was going to the village to place a bet and asked me would i like to put a fiver on one of the horses, i was reading so i just "yeah sure" not really knowing what i had done but anyway i ended up glued to the tv at 4.15 when the race was on, very concerned about my money.
I never realised the trauma those horses endure.

First of all a huge crowd of trainers, jockeys and officials and 39 other horses in a little space. One of the horses was sweating like Roger Ebert and seemed very distressed, so much so that the jockey couldnt mount him, 3 people holding his reins keeping him in position so that little man might have a chance to get on him. That horse ended up forfeiting the race.

Then of course theres the jockey whipping the horse like cream.

And the fences which do kill horses occasionally, thats not nice.

I felt horrid guilty after watching that race. Not gonna happen again.

My cat is coming on nicely. pics soon.

No comments: