Sunday, April 4, 2010

...I can make you popular

I should go to more shows on my own, it was nice to talk to strangers who were completely different to me but shared a common interest in Mr. Johnston.
But anyway the beam orchestra were great, reworking his old songs into a kind of Sufjan Stevens style but keeping Daniel's trademark voice.
One thing that disappointed me was that they only played 3 of his old songs from the early eighties, the rest were new ones or newish anyway.
There was an art exhibition too, you can tell Alex Pardee got inspiration from it.
I'll remember that night for a while. ooh and i got a teesh; the 'hi how are you' one.

The support were almost as good as the main act, cant remember what they were called but they were from Belgium. The singer was a lash and a half, she kept pulling up her dress just a little bit and swaying to the rhythm. tasty.

Today i have to do stuff. later gater.

No comments: