Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Needle In My Mind

I’m in trouble again.
It seems every year
It happens

Everywhere a maze, Everyone a Sphinx
I am learning restitution
Drowning in seas of iron

These are my eyes,
Dull purple, like
Those clouds that cover us

Like the day
I finally woke into a dream.
I terrify myself.

This face, the eye pits, the crooked set of teeth
The unique imperfections of my face
Will one day fade


And I will be secure
At peace

And at home.

And I am just a man.
And I am only young.
And I am a broken winged bird.


And I’ve made a deal with the devil
I’m only ill if I take the pills.
The devil doesn’t mind.

Nevertheless, I am the same, identical boy.
Driven by fears.

Guided by fate.

I spill blood

On pictures of friends,
I touch it and I write miracles.

No comments: