Friday, September 17, 2010

and once again I'm poor...

My first week of college was very very satisfying. I'm trying to compare it with the last time i was in college, that first week. Although i did enjoy the first week in DIT i was awfully self conscious and timid, i made friends and that made it easier but i didn't think much of myself back then and it held me back, i was only 17. Some time ago i would have viewed the last 5 years to be a complete waste of time but i think now i would regard it as a learning experience; a lot of shit happened, some good, some bad, but in the end i made it through and i am so much more mature than i was then.
Academically the first week in DIT was fine, it was average, i didn't hate it nor thoroughly enjoy it. In many ways i was disappointed by it.
However this week was damn good, watching Hitchcock and reading Beowulf was somewhat unexpected, a pleasant surprise. Tutors are positively delicious and my classmates are bang on.

Next Friday is culture night in town and I'm doing some stuff with Inkling in Exchange, so please come out and show your support for....culture.
New painting done today that scares the shit outta me, it will be included in Inkling's new zine due out on culture night, pick up a copy and buy a painting, I NEED MONEY! PAUL NEWMANS GONNA HAVE ME LEGS BROKE!

In other news don't doubt I love every one of you.
Love
me

No comments: